Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Update

Well, I still have shingles and it is annoying (painful too). We have had help coming in everyday from 8 am until 4 pm since I can't really hold the kids, feed the kids etc. I took myself off the pain meds as I had no life (very incoherent and such). I am on the mend, but it has already been 3 weeks. They told me it would probably last at least a month. I didn't believe them - I do now. We have also had many people drop off meals. The help we have received has been awesome. We would not have survived without it. Thank you so much to all who have helped us out in our weeks of need - you are very much appreciated!


The kids are doing great! We just had a visit to the doctor's office and here are the stats.

Eli - 22.4 lbs and 29 in
Ruthie - 20 lbs and 27 in.


Both kids are on the growth charts now and doing great. Both qualified for early intervention services and so will be having physical and developmental therapy starting in February. We are waiting to see the occupational therapist still. Here are there developmental ages:


Eli - 7 months
Ruthie - 4.5 - 5 months


We were very encouraged by these results given their past history! They are naking so many gains every day! Ruthie sits all by herself now and Eli can't wait to walk - forget the crawling! Ok, here are the pictures :)

























5 comments:

Amber said...

How great that you have help!
I am so sorry that you are still sick.
The kids look great!

Sarah said...

Looks like the kids are doing great, that's so awesome! And everyone seems to be bonding well- YAY!

Joy said...

Oh- those pictures are great! The last one is to die for. I can't believe they have both passed up Jeremiah in weight! I guess because of the giardia - so soon he may catch back up with Eli and Ruthie. I hope you are almost done with the shingles/pain. Take care and thanks for the update! Janae was oooing and ahhhing over the babies with me - she was so surprised how big Eli's tummy was and just giggled.

rachel said...

Jeanne,
I am so sorry you are going through this with the shingles!
The twins are just darling and I am so glad that they are gaining wait and thriving! It's great that they are able to qualify for the early intervention services.
Praying you will feel 100% soon!
Blessings!
Rachel

Tasha said...

I hope that you're feeling better! Love the photos of the kids, it sounds like they are doing pretty good! Eli is already bigger than 1 of my 18 mo. old boys!