Monday, January 5, 2009

Sickness update

YOu aren't going to believe this, but I also have SHINGLES. Remember the chicken pox outbreak at the orphanage? Yep - shingles. and mighty painful too. Semester starts next week - fortunately I had just about everything already ready to go. I am house bound and on the couch until at least thus Thursday when I go back to the doc. Keep you all posted. Thanks for the prayers - boy do we need them now more than ever! Please don't forget Jeff as he is pulling full time baby duty at this point since I am not really supposed to touch the kids and things like that!

Jeanne

3 comments:

rachel said...

oh, jeanne, i am SO SORRY! i recently had something similar (in that same family of viruses). i got it from indigo and i was sick for almost A MONTH! my skin still hurts if it brushes against seams, rough clothing, etc. UGH! it was horrible. although, everything i have read says that chickenpox to shingles is not contagious. i have read that if you get shingles, it IS contagious to people who have never had shingles, but if you have had chicken pox, shingles is not contagious.
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/shingles/shingles-contagious

hope you feel better soon. i'm praying for you, sista!

Joy said...

Sorry Jeanne - I just read about all this. I will be praying for you and your family. Hopefully your church has a ministry that can bring meals or sign up people to come help you all for a little bit. I hope you feel better soon so you can function and get your surgery. Praying for you!
Joy

Cat said...

I am hoping you're doing better. I keep checking in and hope to see an update. Thinking of you and your family...
Courtney, JOH friend