Sunday, October 21, 2007

Photo pages, USCIS and Jeanne's Job

Today we went to the Edwards apple farm in Rockford to attempt to get some of the action shot pictures needed for the photo pages portion of our dossier. I fed a llama. He was very soft. Then I ate a donut. Realized I had forgotten to wash my hands and was a little grossed out - but ate the rest of the donut anyway :) We took pictures of just Jeff and me doing stuff around the farm - feeding the llama, picking out pumpkins, picking apples etc. since some of the pictures need to be without Noelle. I am hoping to send off some of our photos to Tien, the JOH coordinator in WA who oversees the Taiwan program. She knows what the people making decisions want to see and what shouldn't (like bathing suits). Lots of people don't "pass" on their first try with the photo pages so we wanted to get an early start while there is still some greenery around here. It was 80 degrees today! Unbelieveable for this time of year in Northern Illinois.

We are still awaiting the I171H (favorable decision to adopt) from the USCIS. We have heard that this can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months, so of course we are hoping for the two weeks so that we can get onto the waiting list for a referral.

No news on the job front for Jeanne. Still waiting for calls on the applications that are out there.

I will post more pictures the next time, including Noelle's halloween outfit.

Love to all!

No comments: